The Lost

A distinctly wild district

on the sectors edge

You find yourselves descending through the clouds, the sun sparkling of the almost calm ocean off Verdunea. This is a pretty planet almost as if your god had taken a hand in it’s creation with love- if only this system was closer to the sector core it would be a goldmine for tourism. You are shaken out of your day dream by a shudder and slight lurching as Callaghan operates the skimming mechanisms “Captain your free to drop us down and scoop some water” Callaghan says, it seems Yardley was in similar dreams as it takes him a few seconds to register Callaghan’s report. He says to Callaghan “you really should consider moving up to the bridge more often – you miss so many beautiful sights, stuck down below.”
After taking your fill of water the Gavel takes some altitude and begins refining fuel from the water, you achieve orbit height and say goodbye to Verdunea next stop Lazuteson and hopefully Snow…

Comments

during the trip to lazuteson roger spends his time fulfilling his duties, excersising, meditating and examining the pendant. he goes over time and time again looking for anything that would validate the feeling he has, that this is more than just a toy. roger takes great care when examining it and doesnt show it to the rest of the crew.

A distinctly wild district
 

You stare at the stone for three weeks and get no other feeling from it! However after all the meditation and thought you do feel more relaxed than you have in ages.

A distinctly wild district
 

The Gavel’s display alerts you that you are approaching Lazuteson, a quick scan shows everything seems normal the regular traffic and to and fro’s of a busy space port seem a stark contrast to your last few births. You all do notice that the vessels here are antiquated, even by Dorubuni standards you several hulls that appear to be held together just! And you also see several vessels that are venting as they steam past, the crew get the feeling everything here is well past its used by date. Offsetting that as you get closer to the planet you see a few newer shiny ships nothing large just small 100tonners type or purpose unknown. You are contacted by the starport and you confirm your docking number Lazuteson is a small planet and it is surrounded by clouds your scans show it is 90% water and the main habitats cling to the tiny islands that dot the globe. You descend through the clouds and see a massive spire, almost reaching the bottom of the clouds at its base it spills out over the ocean sensors detect suspensor fields and vast ferocrete columns sporting the sprawling city state. As you descend closer you pass some of the top levels penthouses and large glass structures with ornamental gardens all meticulously tendered, as you make your first pass down in your flight path you soon see that it gets grittier the further down you go and certainly you would hate to live at the bottom. Your personal comms beeps, looking at it you have a blocked sender and message reads “Lv9Eq42x13”.

A distinctly wild district
 

staring at his comm for a second roger quickly sorts through what i could be. he thinks to himself that’s not a encryption i know, maybe a room code they would have to have a long identifier on this spire. after a quick search of the internal database on his comp he decides to tell yardley “hey yardley does this mean anything to you?” he asks showing him the message. “cause i just got a message with just this on it.”

A distinctly wild district
 

Yardley looks at it for a few seconds, and replies “well they look like co-ordinates you may want to wait till we land and see if it correlates to any signage sorry I can’t be more helpful but I’ve never travelled this far out before.”
The Gavel makes its second and third pass before your docking window opens you descend down to what is obviously the industrial zone of the spire. There are many docks here from small narrow piers extending into the air to large landing pads utop of various plants your docking bay is an interior one, you pull around and see the atmosphere doors sliding open and the directional lights inside illuminating your path. You see numerous workers moving around the bay (which is about 5 times the size of the Audl Lola pad) they are all in EV suits loading unloading and servicing over a dozen other ships, like the trip in most of these freighters have well and truly past thier working life. Yardley offers you the stick and guides you by the lights, you put her down softly without any incident the clamps activate and the Gavel is now secure. Over the comms a crackle message sounds “prepare for umbilical attachment, and await for conformation of seal” Yardley says " well boys looks like we may not need those EV’s here after all".

A distinctly wild district
 

“hmm looks like. still its nice to have them just in case.” roger gets out of his seat and moves to the hatch that there attaching the umbillical too. when he gets there he checks his weapons just in case.

A distinctly wild district
 

The Gavel is shut down and is ready to be locked out, docking command confirms the seal is good, you are ready to enter the Lazuteson Spire. You gather all your intel and docs on Ripley, you grab your pack and join the crew in the umbilical. The first thing you notice before you see land is the stench! its not sickly or disgusting but its very obvious that the scrubbers don’t work to their optimum down here, and you can tell this air has been re-cyced thousands of times.
You make your way through the umbilical and through the customs area Lazuteson has very lax laws and no one is bothered by the officials, you step out of the building onto the concourse it is jam packed with grav vehicles, tracked vehicles and wheeled vehicles of all types coming and going delivering and collecting cargo and goods – it is dirty and smoggy and not really pleasant.
Callaghan looks to you and Yardley and asks “Best ask someone for digs, dont like the idea of sleeping down here”. Yardley looks at you and says “any ideas Rog?” you are about to reply when a local man bumps into the 4 off you and says “New here? you look like you need a place to stay! my brother is manager of a nice hotel up on level 9 – just take this card and tell him Baryk sent you” he hands you a card and steps back and says “I can organize a porter and guide to take you there for a small price”

A distinctly wild district
 

roger looks him over carefully and then makes a quick nod of acceptance towards the captain. “best to have local help sir.” he says looking around for any kind of trouble or danger. he turns around to check if anyone is watching them with undue interest. then he checks his stuff he makes sure that his valuables are tucked into the inner pockets of his ballistic lined trench coat which is buttoned tight against his chest to keep his inner armor hidden. his hair is gathered into a short ponytail. his eyes flash warily, he doesn’t like this place one bit.

A distinctly wild district
 

Everything is secure and you don’t notice any one watching you, however several street sellers have approached and have now started trying to sell you souvenirs and trinkets. Yardley speaks up “Thank you Baryk we would be happy to take you up on that offer” he hands him a small wad of Dorubuni Creds “Can we make a move now please” Baryk starts leading you away, and you come to a bank of elevators Baryk motions for you to enter and he also scowls at several of the more persistent hawkers. You are standing in the lift waiting for it to arrive at your destination, you flick the business card Baryk gave you before between your fingers and you notice the hotel address Lv9NQ01x20.

A distinctly wild district
 

“tell me mister ahh baryk was it? do you know where this is?” roger shows him the list of numbers from before " i am looking for a good friend of mine and i think that i can find him there. if you do know where it is could you take me?" keeps his face nutural and hope out of his tone as he says this

A distinctly wild district
 

He smiles, nods and says “Yes level 9 East quad block 42 building 13 boss”
he nods and smiles some more “I can take you there if you like”

A distinctly wild district
 

“if you would be so kind. but first lets get to this hotel make sure we are settled in before i go looking.” after getting to the hotel and yardley paying roger dumps his extra stuff and then returns to the guide “can we go please i’m anxious to meet my friend again”

A distinctly wild district
 

“Yes boss” Baryk replies he hails a 2 seater grav tri-ped and you are gliding through the streets of level 9, it is crowded and busy with foodstalls and exotic spice shops as well as various fine and not so fine souvenir shops. It takes nearly thirty minutes through the throng of society to get to the location, you alive at a food court it appears to be one of the better ones you have seen with a synth-wood lattice front arch you enter and could almost suspend belief as it is decorated as if you were in a shady garden. Looking around you cat see Snow, you felt a tug at your sleeve Baryk is smiling at you he seems to be mentioning for payment, you had over a few creds he asks “You want me stay boss?”

A distinctly wild district
 

OOC is that cant see snow or can see snow sorry its just important

A distinctly wild district
 

OOC cool just checking
“yes just hang around for a few minutes if my friend isn’t here i may need to go somewhere else”
roger walks into the food court looking very carefully at all the people inside. he presses a small button on the side of his wrist comp which begins searching for any electronics with snows unique signature embedded in them. finally if he hasnt found her or gotten any hits from the comp he heads to the counter and asks him if the counterman has seen her.

A distinctly wild district
 

also roger will be looking out for ripley as well thinking that snow could be directing him to ripley

A distinctly wild district
 

You step under the decorated canopy and palm trees you start looking around the smells of so many distant and exotic dishes ignite you taste buds, boy are you hungry you start trying to decide what you may fancy when you eyes fall on a hut Drentin’s Snow Cones and other exotic ice creameries.
This can’t be a coincidence.

A distinctly wild district
 

“hmm” roger looks thoughtfull as he steps up to the counter of the snow cones shop “tell me have you ever seen a girl, early twenties, pale skin, white hair, petite build? i can show you a photo if it helps. also can i get a snowcone, a blueberry one please?” roger slides the payment to the vendor

A distinctly wild district
 

“Young man I see many pretty girl’s here” he says as he takes you cred and hands you your snow cone “but let me look at that photo and see if my memory is working” he pauses and seems to be waiting for something

A distinctly wild district
 

“here” roger hands over the photo “please i need to find her she is very important to me and i have something she needs to hear.”

A distinctly wild district
 

The clerk takes the photo from you turns it over a few times and says “Sorry not sure if I have seen her”

A distinctly wild district
 

“not sure ehh can i do anything to encourage you memory” roger reaches into his pockey for a small stack of credits and lays them on the counter “i can be very accomidating” he pauses smiles his crocodile smile “or not so accomidating depending on your willingness to be encouraged. you understand?”

A distinctly wild district
 

“Ah my memory is now a bit clearer, that girl could be the one who has desert here most afternoons” he says with a smile swiftly pocketing the creds. “Do you fancy another?” he asks as you devour your first snow cone.

A distinctly wild district
 

“sure thing, has she been in today?” roger gets an answer and then takes a seat. he slowly eats his new snow cone and then either waits for her to arrive or heads back to the hotel depending on his answer

A distinctly wild district
 

You are sitting down at one of the tables thinking about your numerous helpings of snow cones for lunch, and scanning the crowd subtlety from time to time. You decide that ice cream alone is not a balanced diet so a waffle with grebben berry syrup is in order, when as the waiter is bringing it over you spot her out of the corner of your eye. You are about to jump up when you notice she has company, she is accompanied by a young man you take a subtle glance and you do not recognize him, thinking quickly you flick through your files and he dose not match any pictures of the escapees you have. not sure what to do you notice a discreet wink from Snow as he is ordering their meal, she quickly turns back to him and plants a kiss on his cheek.

A distinctly wild district
 

roger fights for control over his rage. after several deep breaths he releases his hold on the metal table not even realizing that he deformed the metal where his prosthetic arm was gripping. his rage subsiding he checks his wrist comp for the signiture of hers and then looks snow and her company up and down getting a good look at them both. he quickly begins to formulate a plan for getting a word with her alone.

A distinctly wild district
 

checking your wrist comp you dont see any message, you are trying to work out a way to get a word to her when your wrist comp beeps it says “Here 20:00”.

A distinctly wild district
 

roger finishes his waffle (mmm waffles) and then checks the time. seeing that it is some time till 20:00 he decides to head back to the hotel to get the logbook. after a few words to yardley and making sure everything is fine he borrows jeffersons revolver and some ammo and he heads back to the food court. the revolver tucked deep inside a pocket and logbook cradled under one arm.

A distinctly wild district
 

The Date.

Well it is drawing close to 20:00, you make your way to the food hall take a seat and wait you decide to indulge in a tasty delicacy when there is a tap on your shoulder you turn and standing before you is Snow. She smiles says “Hello Rog, been waiting long?”

A distinctly wild district
 

roger jumps up and embraces Snow in a bear hug “where the hell have you been. what possessed you to go off on some secret mission. i came back and you were gone i nearly killed Blakely when he told me about it. by the lady you scared me.” roger stops talking for a second and releases her from his bear hug. he looks her up and down “what happened Snowflake, why did you leave Blakely and Anderson’s protection. dont you know i worry.”

A distinctly wild district
 

She replies “It’s Angela while your here! And it was you who left me on that dust ball one horse town. When I heard of some work coming up I jumped at it, which girl wouldn’t… a trip to an exotic resort world c’mon Rog you can’t blame me for wanting some fun. Besides I’m on a winner here I’m about to collar a wanted criminal and take as prize a swag of bounty for it. So what brings you here? Last we knew you were on Ironknight playing bus boy to your cramps!” She pauses to see the expression on your face, then she smiles and says “I’ve missed you Rog come let’s blow this popsicle stand and go back to your hotel and you can tell me all about it”.

A distinctly wild district
 

roger sighs “fine walk with me ill fill you in on as much as possible before we get there” roger starts walking “i left you there to keep you safe.” roger looks around and lowers his voice “if people found out whats in your head, what you can do with machines there would be nowhere in the sector you could hide. every corporation would want whats in your head and the resulting fight would probably get you killed. but i digress your here now and i cant do much about that. as for why i’m here and not doing whatever Gramps needs is because he decided to get me to ‘prove my worth’ by hunting down an former employee. i believe you have met him, Ripley the moron that stole the plans and ran. Gramps orchestrated the whole escape just so he could get to him. so i’m here to find you, hunt down Ripley because of Gramps and also hunt down Ripley because CorSerc hired me to find escapees from the prison. currently i’m travelling with a small crew of people hired by CorSerc to do just that. they don’t know what i used to do for a living or who got me out and i would appreciate it if you didn’t tell them. it could make things awkward. any questions so far ‘angela’” roger stops and looks at her “also before i left i finally found it. the location that you boarded the dawn wind, you know the ship we met on. according to this logbook you were pulled of a derelict in deep space. i have the coodinated we can go see it if you want. there may be clues as to where you came from.”

A distinctly wild district
 

“Ripley” she gasps "Rog that’s my mark, the young man you saw me with earlier that’s his nephew I was working him to find the location of Ripley’s hideout. He gave me the slip when we docked here and I have been playing the part of the spoilt debutante ever since, though my creds are running low, lucky you came along – so you want to pool resources or do we make it a competition? ".

A distinctly wild district
 

" i know that’s your mark Blakely identified him when we were there. your little message to him was how we knew he was here at all. how much luck have you had with the nephew. much as i love competition i could never bring myself to compete against you. you know that and here we are" roger says halting before the hotel roger walks inside and heads to the set of rooms that the crew has rented out “where have you been staying anyway? also how many of you gadgets did you bring with you, i need some lite maintenence on my arm and the cradle is back on audl lota.”

A distinctly wild district
 

“Now Rog why would a girl like me be carrying equipment like that!” She says in a cheeky manner “as to the nephew he asked me back to his ship the other night and after he was sleeping I managed to get a bug hidden in the engineering section – I’m just waiting for him to get bored and go back to his uncle! Then we can track him and follow to the secret hideout”.
She smiles and says “he is off tonight gambling with several of his associates- let’s make the most of this window of time we have”

A distinctly wild district
 

“well maybe you can do something with the tools we have on the ship. i’m getting reduced feedback form the hand. i can feel with it but when i use it the hand puts more pressure than what i want. not a serious problem just bloody annoying. so we have tonight to ourselves? and we havent seen each other in far too long?” roger smiles “im sure i can find something to pass the time. come my love” roger says picking her up and carrying her into his room “to the bed. or is that not what you meant by make the most of this window?” roger says smiling wryly

A distinctly wild district
 

“Well only if your hand is uptown it!” She says with cheeky smile. It is early in the morning you are awoken by the beeping of a comms device “shit” you hear Snow exclaim. Snow is sitting at your desk going over you files and referencing them with hers, she hears you stir turning to you she says “I’ve got to go, his nephew has got back to his ship early and hasn’t found me there so he is on his way to my hotel to meet me there. I’m leaving the docs here Rog and I will make contact again as soon as I can” With that she throws her dress on and grabs her bag and leaves blowing you a cheeky kiss. Your awake so decide to go over the docs yourself, they are quite thorough and Snow has recorded all of Ripley’s movements and contacts from Audl Lota till here.

A distinctly wild district
 

roger wanders grabs breakfast and then calls yardley “hey sir i have made contact with snow and she is tracking ripley’s cousin who will lead us to him. she will message me when he makes a move but at the moment i get the feeling he doesnt have any pressing need to go see his cousin. should we motivate him? and if so how?”

A distinctly wild district
 

“Is Ripley based here on Lazuteson? If he is it might be an idea but if he is off world it may take weeks for him to receive word and then weeks to reply or act, and that is if he chooses too!” Yardley replies “no better to wait and see how it unfolds – do we have the cousins location?” Yardley says.

A distinctly wild district
 

“not at the moment sir, also i meant try to motivate the cousin to see Ripley but your right events are unfolding at a reasonable pace no need to rush them at this point. Snow is going to contact me so i can meet again. if she gets into trouble she will activate the emergency transponder on her comm. looks like we get to play the waiting game again. call me if you need me roger out.”

roger leaves his room and heads to reception “hi there” he says to the receptionist when she isn’t busy "do you know where i could find a gun range? also while im out i would like to know if there is a temple to Sholk, Lady of Storms?
A distinctly wild district
 

“You could try the religious quarter on level 5 and gun range well you could try the merchant district down on 15 a reputable gun merchant could steer you in the right direction is there anything else I can help you with sir?”

A distinctly wild district
 

“no that would be all thanks” roger nods and then heads to the gun merchant carrying his rifle inside a cloth carrybag. finding a decent looking gunsmith he walks in “do you know where a gun range would be” he asks the man behind the counter “also is it legal for an offworlder to buy weapons and ammo here? if so i am looking for a side arm preferably an autopistol” he smiles

A distinctly wild district
 

“Well sure we have a small facility out the back, and sure anything but a concealed body pistol is fine – i have to caution you though although the laws here are liberal your destination after Lazuteson maybe different and you could face penalties there.” he grins and continues "Now that obligatorily are over and done with what can we do you for, an auto pistol you say what type would you like?

A distinctly wild district
 

“well i’d prefer a large one somewhere in the 50 caliber range, with a long barrel and slide. weight and recoil are not a problem. also do you have any bull-stopper rounds for my lady here.” roger asks as he unpacks his auto rifle. taking his time with the piece as it has both sentimental and real value. he gives the polished badlands teak wood inlay an affectionate rub " she takes an unusual caliber."

A distinctly wild district
 

“Really sir chemical projectiles are so yesterday, can i interest you in some more modern energy weapons?”

A distinctly wild district
 

“projectile weapons are much more inconspicuous in the more inhospitable regions of space. besides sometimes there isn’t a source of energy handy. however i’m willing to try one for a side arm. my rifle however was made by someone very dear to me and i wont be trading it in any time soon.”

A distinctly wild district
 

“Yes they can, but a hand cannon can be noisy – could I interest you in looking at a gauss or laser pistol? I have a few, while you are perusing our wares can I get my assistant to look at that fine long arm of yours?

A distinctly wild district
 

“hmm a gauss pistol would be interesting, i dont often see them, how robust are they, ive heard stories of laser pistols taking a single knock and being all out of alignment does this hold true for a gauss?” roger asks as he looks over the gauss pistols “also i would need something built with a reinforced handgrip and trigger. my grip can be pretty severe. of course your assistant can check it, more eyes looking for faults or wear the better for the owner after all.”

A distinctly wild district
 

“Old wives tales spread by gunpowder manufacturers… hahahaha seriously if you want rugged Gauss is the way the magnets are molded into the body so minimal moving parts and if your battery runs low they come with an inbuilt backup good for 20-30 shots, plug ’em in and away she charges” he pauses as he hands you one from under the counter. It is surprisingly light and feels rather robust it has an electronic selector single or burst, and although not pretty the lineal nature of the device gives a very industrial but graceful look.

A distinctly wild district
 

“hmm very nice i like it, whats the range like on one of these? and would you mind if i tried it before i made a purchase? hmm ill try that one” he points to a slightly larger gripped pistol finished in a copper color “hmm too the range then i guess, could you kindly tell the assistant with my long arm to join us when he is done.”

A distinctly wild district
 

“Why sure we encourage all our patrons to try before they buy!” He shows you to the range it is relativily small but certainly functional.

A distinctly wild district
 

roger tries out several different pistols at the range before he finds one that feels just right. taking his auto rifle. he spends an hour practicing with both his new pistol and the auto rifle. when he is done he packs up his long arm into its carry case, places his new pistol inside its holster and then leaves. after paying the owner for his puchases he makes his way up to lvl 5.

A distinctly wild district
 

You purchase the small arm (deduct 1250cr) the merchant also throws in a spare battery, they have also worked on your long arm (deduct 500cr) inspecting the work you see it is top rate they even managed to clean out the slight bur and crease in the top sight, the owner thanks you and bids you to call again. Making you way to the elevator you get a comms message “ice cream? 1800” you find a temple to pray at, though in this system the worship and folio of your deity is slightly different – but given humanities expanse such deviations are to be expected.

A distinctly wild district
 

“yardley just got a message from snow. im to meet at 18:00 her ill let you know if i hear anything more about the target.” after some other chores roger sees the time is approching and heads to the food court where they met before. as he enters he does a sweep of the room with his eyes making sure that no one appears to be following or unduly interested in him.

OOC i am ashamed to say i havent been keeping track of the money :(

A distinctly wild district
 

You get there early, and as your scoping the place out you see Snow sitting at the table you shared the other day! she sees you smiles and as get close enough she says “Rog you are so predictable being early and all – i bet you have been pacing all day watching the clock until it was time to come here hahahahaha” she finishes with a chuckle, your not sure you like this new edgy Snow it is going to take some getting used too! She continues “everything seems to be going well, Ripley’s nephew never suspected a thing oh and sorry about having to love you and leave you before, but remember you still owe me breakfast in bed!. From the snippets i could gather he has run very low on cash, he lost big during the nights gambling so you should get ready im betting he will be leaving here very soon…” Snow gets up and walks to the counter to order your desert, as she is walking back with your table number you she is fidgeting in here pocket, she stops drops the number and her face betrays a concerned look. she run over to you grabs your coat from the chair and pulls you to your feet “Desert will have to wait my bug has just activated he is launching as we speak!!!”

A distinctly wild district
 

“yardley get the ship ready” roger sends a quick message to the commodore “for launch as soon as we get there.” turning to snow “i assume you dont have a ship of your own? then hurry we wouldnt want to loose him.” a quick stop at the hotel to take his meager belongings only takes an extra minute then he hurries down to the starport.

A distinctly wild district
 

Snow clips Rog over the back of the head! “What do you think your doing? you dont see me running to get my stuff just get straight to the ship, if we dont get launched asap we may loose hime the bug has a limited range, and once we leave orbit it will take him but a few minutes to escape the radius of its range” with that Snow grabs Rog by the arm and speaks into his Comms ’Yardley fire her up now Rog will be there within 5 minutes – oh hi im Snow".

A distinctly wild district
 

“snow i never leave my gun behind, after all you made it for me. besides it was on the way.” roger puts on a burst of speed. turning around he notices that snow is fallling behind. he turns, scoops her up with one smooth move and begins sprinting to the ship “sorry snow but i not going to leave you behind.” roger finally gets to the ship and boards it. putting snow down and placing his rifle in his room on the way. getting to the bridge he straps in and boots jefferson out of the second tactical seat. he then offers the seat to snow.

A distinctly wild district
 

Snow is flustered by your attempt to pick her up and she struggles against you, she mutters “Rog im a big girl who has been looking after herself for months” you have secured your belongings and have made your way to the docking bay, you enter the Gavel Snow comments as she looks at her through the perspex of the umbilical “Nice ship Rog very nice” you both enter the bridge and you take your seat for launch, however when you try to move Jefferson from his station Yardley exclaims “No sorry Rog we may need him here on the bridge, your friend is welcome to join us here in the rear seat but Jefferson and you and me need to be front up,” he looks over to Snow and says “Sorry love nothing personal just we have a job to do and our window is closing – my pension depends on it”.
Yardley is screaming into the comms Docking control is not happy about this unlogged departure and they are making it hard to leave and it is only after Yardley pays a fine and extra taxes are you free to leave “Bureaucracy” He mumbles once you are free of the umbilical and making your way to the atmo doors “Rog you going to take her out? stick to the flight plan like glue, im going back to check Callaghan and give him a hand if needed this unexpected launch may have upset the old man and the ship – you have the cons” and with that Yardley gets up and exits the bridge with some haste.

A distinctly wild district
 

Reflection: this is the first time you have seen Yardley in full flight, up until now he has been quite sedate and easy going but you get the impression when it come to starships he is the boss and runs a tight ship – you can see why he is so highly regarded his efficiency and dedication to the task is a merit to his years and service.

A distinctly wild district
 

OOC i was under the impression that jefferson didn’t have an actual bridge job. does he and if so what? also i have found someone who might be interested in playing. i have directed him to read this and get back to me on what he thinks

“sorry for carrying you snow, but i can still run faster carring you that you can run. anyway on to flying. great i hate piloting.” roger takes a deep breath and takes the helm “let me see here. ah here we go.” roger remembers several flight instructions from his youth and begins to take the gavel out.
Roll: 2d6
12 = 6[d6]+6[d6]

A distinctly wild district
 

OOC Jefferson is a registered crew member, he also can man the guns and assist with other bridge duties. If you want Snow to help with ship tasks she (as far as I understand) would be better suited to assisting Callaghan in engineering.
As to a new player excellent I hope he likes what he reads and jumps on board (could you give me a brief on him and what he might like to play?

A distinctly wild district
 

You remember the instructions Yardley has given you over the months. You successfully follow the flight path and in a few minutes you are in orbit, it is at this stage Snow leans over your shoulder and says “here is the frequency you need to track – don’t let him escape!” Your about to enter the frequency when Yardley reenters the bridge he also looks over your shoulder and nods “good work young man, now let’s track this ship”

A distinctly wild district
 

You remember the instructions Yardley has given you over the months. You successfully follow the flight path and in a few minutes you are in orbit, it is at this stage Snow leans over your shoulder and says “here is the frequency you need to track – don’t let him escape!” Your about to enter the frequency when Yardley reenters the bridge he also looks over your shoulder and nods “good work young man, now let’s track this ship”

A distinctly wild district
 

“yardley i will relinquish the helm to you, im not the best pilot and it would be better if you took over. this is the frequency that we need to track, ill take my position back at gunnery if you dont mind sir?” roger gets back to gunnery and runs a quick status check of the weapons.

A distinctly wild district
 

Yardley asks “How do you want to handle the tail? its not like we can fly on his ass” Snow replies that once in space and free from the orbit it should be possible to take various readings and extrapolate his course (please roll 3x 2D6 rolls)

ooc sorry was really trying to figure out how to run the chase – i think this works!
any more news on the new player?

A distinctly wild district
 

Weapons and tactical all check out, Callaghan also reports that all engines and drives working correctly, and Jefferson also reports that the turret and other armaments are in good condition too!

A distinctly wild district
 

Roll: 2d6
11 = 6[d6]5[d6]
Roll: 2d6
6 = 5[d6]
1[d6]
Roll: 2d6
7 = 4[d6]+3[d6]
“hey snow i still have that program to extrapolate courses of debris from a self destructed space ship, could that help? modified accordingly of course. also if he doesnt know that we are following him then any course he sets would be the minimum distance course to his end destination, couldnt we just figure out where he is jumping too from here once he lights up?”

A distinctly wild district
 

“Shit” Snow exclaims “We’er loosing him” It would seem as if he is either onto you or has made some course change your first reading was fine, but your second failed to track and the third was just a slight echo, Snow is scrambling with the computers trying to extrapolate his course.

A distinctly wild district
 

“come on snow you can do it” roger lays a calming hand on her shoulder "just focus. yardley do we have a map of the whole system, try superimposing the readings we got from him over it. maybe you can tell where he is going by looking at where we know he was and taking an educated guess.
OOC dont know if you want me to roll for this but might as well anyway
Roll: 2d6
10 = 6[d6]+4[d6]

A distinctly wild district
 

Snow obviously flustered is throwing overlays and diagrams about on the control display she all of a sudden stops, “Meerkat” she cries out, opening a new file she opens up the files on the “Swanny” S1e1 class scout and with a pointer she circles Serevoic “He will be heading there! his ship The Meerkat is a swanny they can only jump 2 – unless he has fitted collapsible tanks in the hold which i didnt see while bugging him, so yeah Serevoic is the only system he can reach on this heading Captain set a course for Serevoic please?”
Yardley, looks up at Snow with a puzzled glance then turns to you, you nod and repeat Snows coordinates Yardley gives you a nod as if to say control your guest! he then turns and enters in the destination.
Snow is looking over the schematics and she says “We have him!!! If he flies past Serevoic after refueling he has only three systems he can set as his final destination he will head to either Reeto, or Kavliny in this subsector or onto Zonq in the Pasqua subsector from there it is a dead end so we only have to tail him and we can virtually blockade him if we needed to! – off course that is if Ripley doesn’t have a jump 3 or better ship thats the only weak point in my plan.”
Snow stands up and protracts the subsector map onto the main screen “see Reeto and Kavliny are both very much frontier worlds almost no starbases no law and very little in civilisation – either one would make a perfect base from which to operate as long as your ship had scoops and purifications on board you could hide out there for years and never have visitors!” she turns to you both and questions “Well what do you think?”

A distinctly wild district
 

“what about serevoic itself? could that be the end destination. the premise that Reeto or Kavliny would make good hideouts is also a valid one. also if it is either of these i would bet that they dont get much traffic, so it might be best if we think of some reason for being there. anyway why dont we give you a tour and get you settled in. if there are no objections Sir?”

A distinctly wild district
 

“Okay so it has a second failing” Snow throws her arms up “lets just get to Serevoic pronto and watch and see” she adds.

A distinctly wild district
 

“sounds fine to me, lets get going then.” Roger turns to Yardley “once we get out of the in system would it be ok for me to leave my post to show Snow the ship and to get her settled in?” Roger settles into his seat and gestures for Snow to take a seat at the rear of the bridge. “just be patient” he says to Snow " i will get you settled in and then find you something to do on the voyage to Serevoic"

A distinctly wild district
 

Yardley nods “sure no problems Rog have fun” he says with a smile. You show Snow around and have a pleasant evening, she nudges you and says “so how is that hand going” with a smirk. As usual the trip to the jump point is routine, as is the trip through jump.
I will let you tell me what you intend to do in that time.

A distinctly wild district
 

after a night together and a day of finding snow a job (in engineering) and getting roger’s hand repaired Roger returns to a subject that is on his mind a lot. going into his foot locker, he withdraws the logbook " i tried to talk about this before, but you didnt seem interested. was it that you had something else on your mind or have you given up on trying to find out who you once were and why you have all that information in your head." roger opens the book to one of the last entries. “this is where you got on the ship, the spatial coodinates are right here at the bottom of the page. we can follow them to the ship they pulled you off and find out about where it came from. unless you dont care anymore? maybe you just want to run around the sector capturing bad guys and building machines. as always the choice is yours.”

A distinctly wild district
 

“It’s not that I don’t care Rog but it’s not like we can do anything about it right now, besides we have a job here paying good cred so let’s keep to the plan – your always thinking in the way off not the here and now” she says with a smile. Callaghan reports back to you and Yardley that Snow is assisting superbly in engineering, and that she compliments the crew. After dropping out of jump you start the week long journey to Serevoic again it’s routine, it’s about 2 days out when Snow’s device is picked up by the Gavel’s comm you are on the right track – luckily this is almost as busy as Lazuteson and the lanes are occupied by various ships and freighters.

A distinctly wild district
 

“ok everyone lets get to it. is the ship heading for the planet. also what do we know of this planet. ive never been here either. " roger asks as he powers up tactical to do a status check. “anything anyone else can think of that might be relevant now’s the time”

A distinctly wild district
 
ChrisVonPickles

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.