The Lost

Lazuteson and down

R&R in port... yeah right!!!

The Gavel follows the Customs ship down to Lazuteson’s surface and Callaghan guides the ship on the dictated flight path and puts down on the pad next to the customs ship. After the few minutes it takes to shut down the Gavel you pop the hatch and exit the ship there waiting for you is the Customs crew. Both crews walk and meet each other in between the two ships, the Commander addresses you all “I have taken the liberty of calling ahead for transport, and we should expect a medical team to arrive shortly to take your injured crewman, and the deceased to a facility. Now records indicate you have berthed here before so I don’t need to remind you of the law and such stuff” as she finishes her sentence you see a couple of wheeled vehicles approaching, one is obviously marked as medical, the other appears to be a standard MPV with the customs blazon painted on its side. “Okay” she says “It looks like our lift is almost here”

Comments

Commander Tabert leads you all into the MPV, and shows you to your seats she sits opposite Callaghan and yourself and she asks you, “so what business do you intend while staying on Lazuteson, and were does your course take you after that” you suspect that from her tone and changed demeanour that she must have some idea of your credentials and task.

Lazuteson and down
 

“we trace our steps all the way back to ironknight completing what unfinished buisness we have along the way. if i manage to swing things the way i would like we will take as long about it as possible, it took a lot of work and nearly got snow killed catching him, the least the company can do is fund my rnr on the way back.” roger smiles “which gives me an idea do you like finding the answers to mysteries commander, i have at least two i need to solve before i return to ironknight and i can use all the competent help i can get. who knows one could lead to massive wealth and fame. after all this is done have a drink with me and i will tell you all about it, that is if your interested”

Lazuteson and down
 

Commander Tabert smiles and she replies “Sure what did you have in mind? im always up for new opportunities”

the two transports move side by side towards the terminal, however as you approach the main building you see the medical transport veer away for another building! Tabert smiles and says “Don’t worry she will be fine – I hope, they are good people”
A few minutes later you pull up at the main building and you all walk into the reception area. The customs area is clean and in good condition, but does show signs of under budgeting – it takes but a few minutes for your documents to be checked and stamped, and you are offered temporary customs deputation.

Lazuteson and down
 

OOC temporary customs deputation??? dont know what that means

Lazuteson and down
 

It means you have a temporary job if you like

Lazuteson and down
 

“sure always willing to earn some extra cash. so anyway my companion, the one in the hospital, i have reason to believe that her path crossed with some very old, very advanced technology. i intend to track it down and i need as much help as i can get. you seem a competent sort so i extend an offer to you. help me until my task is complete and in return i will split the prize at the end with you.”

Lazuteson and down
 

Tabert chuckles “no you missed the fine print mr nixx, as a certified CorSerc agent I have the authority to extend your certification to cover you here on Lazuteson!” She replies. “There is no extra pay, just the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in the war on smuggling” she ponders your offer for several minutes but declines stating she is happy here in her home subsector, making a difference at home. She does offer you assistance however if your enquiries are based in this subsector.

Lazuteson and down
 

“damn was hoping to collect a forth paycheck for to supplement my the other three, one for gunnery officer, one for medical and one for boarding specialist. we dont have enough people to fill all the positions so i get three jobs. anyway still happy to help beats siting on my hands till its time to leave. as for this search i doubt it will end up in this area but if it does i’l let you know.”

Lazuteson and down
 

She chuckles again, “medical ha! by the looks of your companion your vastly over paid!”

Lazuteson and down
 

“im a field medic not a surgeon, i got her stabilized and placed her into low berth which was about the most i could do. she would have needed proper medical facilities regardless of my medical training.”

Lazuteson and down
 

“well that’s one button that’s easy to push” she says “you had better learn to hide your tell! lest others use it against you”

Lazuteson and down
 

“my button is her not my medical skills.” roger sighs “she is very special to me and i swore to protect her. i nearly failed, to my endless regret.” roger smiles “i wont let it happen again.”

Lazuteson and down
 

“I understand that” She replies, “but I’m your ally and got a rise out of you, imagine what an opponent would do and utilise such a response?”
she chuckles and sits back in her chair “So Mr Nixx, what do you have planned for Lazuteson Port?”

Lazuteson and down
 

“what i would usually do in this situation is visit her in hospital, pester the doctors with endless questions on her well being till they threw me out, pace outside the hospital doors so on and so forth. this time i have something else to do. it involves printing out posters of everyone i hate, a firing range and a lot of bullets.” he smiles “then after i have let out my anger i intend to go out and get a blueberry snowcone.” he stops noticing the look she gives him “i like blueberry ok”

Lazuteson and down
 

Labert smiles, “well you can always use our small range, if you like – I can organise a pass for you later today” she smiles and says “If you feel up to it we see how good you are compared to me Blueberry?”

Lazuteson and down
 

“sure why not ‘police girl’” he smiles “whats your preferred weapon?”

Lazuteson and down
 

she laughs again, and leans back on her chair and reaches for a button on the cabinet behind her “Well” she says as the cabinet opens up “Normally we pack these” she grabs an ACR “but im guessing you go with something a bit more classy, so I will use this!” and she grabs a Revolver, not just any revolver but a very ornate master crafted Revolver with a laser sight inbuilt, she drops it on the desk in front of you “What do you think? what you packing Blueberry?”

Lazuteson and down
 

“this is my weapon of choice” he places his assault rifle down on the desk “full, semi auto and single shot. it will take the head of a pin at two thousand meters, given a good eye and a steady hand.”

Lazuteson and down
 

OOC sorry net had hick-up for a few days!

She laughs “Ah Blueberry, boys and their toys” she giggles, “look I clock off in two hours, give me another two for eats and shopping and I can meet you at the range, oh and get yourself something with style! stand out in the crowd!” she quips “Go and enjoy the Starport and meet me in 4 hours,then we can see how good that eye and steady that hand is” she stands up and ushers you out the door “That’s if your game Blueberry” she says with a sarcastic grin as you leave her office.

Lazuteson and down
 

roger heads out, visits the temple of the lady like he did last time he was here and visits snow in hospital. then he goes and retrieves the jacket he bought while searching for Ripley and heads back to the range.

Lazuteson and down
 

You head out and find your bearings, as you were based in a different section and level the first time around! finally you work out where the temple is and make your way there after performing your duty you look up the directions to the corporate medical facilities and find Snow on the register of patients. Descending several levels (the hospital is not in the best part of town as its a corporate employee facility not a general one)to find the Hospital and you are guided to the bed Snow is in, She is not awake and a Doctor tells you she is still in a Coma due to the massive blood loss she experienced, though the synth blood they are giving her seems to be doing fine it will take some time the doctor says! You sit with her for a while until it is time to fetch your jacket and go to the range.

Lazuteson and down
 

you are making your way to the range when you here a commotion to the side from a dimly lit bar, from it is ejected a group of 9 Merchantmen, you can see that they are Merchants from the ship logo on their cheap corp jackets they seem to be swearing and carrying on a lot and you then notice several bouncers following them into the walkway the situation is beginning to deteriorate and allegations of cheating and watering down of liquor have aroused intrest of other passers by.

Lazuteson and down
 

Okay so the situation is degrading fast what is your action?
do you?
A walk on by and pay no attention
B approach and take sides with the Bouncers
C approach and take side with the Merchants
or
D something I have not thought of!

Lazuteson and down
 

OOC D the answer is always D :D
roger stops looks at the two groups for a second and then unslings his rifle. he pauses for a second and then reaches into a pocket and reloads with rubber bullets instead of live ones. then he yells out
“now then you lot i think its in everyone’s best interests if the lot of you just go your separate ways nice and peaceful. otherwise i would have to intervene and you wouldn’t want that” roger smiles an evil grin down the barrel of his gun “i would though. i have been itching for an opportunity to take some repressed rage out. so whats it going to be, will peace win the day?”

Lazuteson and down
 

The group of Merchants pause for a second, however the bouncers don’t seemed to be phased and one of them starts approaching you with a menacing look on his face! “And whats it to you offworlder?” he barks at you “this is Laz business maybe you should run back to your hab before you get made embarrassed!”

Lazuteson and down
 

“tell me have you ever been shot before?” roger smiles as he lowers his rifle a tad. aiming right at the mouthy bouncers left kneecap he fires one round. over the mans screams of pain he yells “now if the rest of you dont have any objections disperse.” he looks down and says to the bouncers “dont worry about your friend it was a rubber bullet, my contract prohibits me from killing people without justifiable cause” he smiles “now if you want to give me a justifiable cause by say rushing me i would be glad to switch to live rounds”

Lazuteson and down
 

okay lets see some rolls first aye?
so lets start with Initiative?

Bouncers Base initiative
Roll: 2d6 7 = 4[d6]+3[d6]
So an unmodified 7
go!

Lazuteson and down
 

As you attempt to quell the disturbance another two Bouncers appear from the doorway, the situation begins to deteriorate quickly, with one Bouncer now making a line towards you!

Lazuteson and down
 

initiative
Roll: 2d6
9 = 4[d6]5[d6]
OOC can i roll for intimidation? im going to roll here anyway just in case
Roll: 2d6
10 = 5[d6]
5[d6]

Lazuteson and down
 

There is no Intimidation skill, however lets look at what you have you have brawling, you have used carouse before, and you of course have gun combat (auto rifle) so if I take your 1 level of gun and add that to the minus 4 from carouse (which would be the most appropriate skill here
that gives you a total of (10 – 4) + 1 for a total of 7 and I will make it opposed so the bouncer rolls Roll: 2d6 2 = 1[d6]+1[d6]
so quite obviously the bouncer decides your a bit to dangerous to tackle so is now turning back to the Merchants

Merchants Initiative Roll: 2d6 9 = 6[d6]+3[d6]

so Initiative order is
Merchants 9 (im giving them first because they have greater numbers
Nixx 9
Bouncers 7

One Merchant out of the group launches at one of the bouncers! he is just using his fists as no party is armed
roll to see if any Merchants are ex service 1-3 yes, 4-6 no Roll: 1d6 4
No so just standard Merchants
to Hit Roll: 2d6 7 = 2[d6]+5[d6]
7 no bonus’s so a fail, One of the Merchant men swings wildly at a Bouncer but fails to connect!

and now your Initiative!

Lazuteson and down
 

Roll: 2d6 initiative
10 = 4[d6]6[d6]
roger decides his next move is to make good on his threat and starts spraying the bouncers down with rubber bullets
Roll: 2d6
7 = 2[d6]
5[d6] +1 = 8

Lazuteson and down
 

Well no need to roll initiative again you already had a 9, so you shoot into the bouncers, you did say “spraying” so im assuming you are firing semi/auto which brings your total down by one, so a miss

You pull the trigger and send several rubber rounds into the Bouncers, you do not hit any of them but you have them pause for a few seconds as the ricochet of the bullets thud around them, a cheers goes up from the Merchants as they applaud your siding with them,
Initiative 7 – the bouncers
the Bouncers roll to see if they take cover from the “deadly” rounds your pumping into them
Roll: 2d6 12 = 6[d6]+6[d6]
surprisingly they hold their bottle and start to take cover from trash cans and crates, you notice one crouching behind a crate talking into a communicator or similar device.

Lazuteson and down
 

“hey no comms” roger calls out, aims at the comm and pulls the trigger
Roll: 2d6
12 = 6[d6]+6[d6] +1
boom natural 12

Lazuteson and down
 

also just realised i get plus 2 not plus 1 for my assault rifle 1 for training and 1 for dex

Lazuteson and down
 

OOC sorry OP logged me out again its taken me over 24 hours to retrieve my passwords lolz

You squeeze the trigger, and the round flies true! the round hits the Bouncer in the hand that is holding the communicator to his ear. The shock of the blow knocks the Bouncer to the ground and he appears to be knocked out as he does not seem to be moving!

Lazuteson and down
 

Initiative 7 – The Bouncers

With you wild fire and the dropping of one of their members.
Roll: 2d6 7 = 5[d6]+2[d6]
the Bouncers seem to decide to take refuge inside the Bar and await any support (if it comes)

The Merchants raise a cheer and several of them start to move toward you!

Lazuteson and down
 

“well that ended well” roger looks at his watch and then moves over to the bouncer he knocked out. he checks his vitals, makes sure that he is going to be fine and then straitens “unless there is anything else i would like to get out of here before the police arives and asks me why i am firing military grade weapons at civilians” he says to the merchants

Lazuteson and down
 

They surround you and they give you a pat on the back, and hefty hand shakes, they also try to hoist you on their shoulders and carry you to the next bar! Do you let them?

Lazuteson and down
 

“boys, boys, i would love to go drinking with you but i have a date with a rather attractive woman. i wouldn’t want to keep her waiting” roger pulls out a card and hands it to there leader “give me a call tomorrow i would be happy to go drinking then”

Lazuteson and down
 

They Cheer and put you down, a grubby business card it thrust into your hand “contact us on this number, and we will have that drink tomorrow!” and with that the group make their way to the next bar! leaving you standing in the street all on your own!

Lazuteson and down
 

roger smiles, puts the card away and continues on his way

Lazuteson and down
 

You arrive at the corp range at the prescribed time, to find Tabert standing around in the foyer. “Ah Blueberry so you have a set? glad to see you made it, now shall we start?”
and before you can answer she throws a grin at the clerk and he opens a door to a corridor “After you” she says as she gestures to you to proceed!

Lazuteson and down
 

roger smiles and proceeds down the corridor. as he walks he examines his surrondings. “so how long have you been with the law? policegirl?”

Lazuteson and down
 

OOC seems it works again. are we starting this back up or not?

Lazuteson and down
 

OOC test to see if this is working

OOC.2 sorry I have been out of the country for a little while and have not had means or time to proceed, but I am now back in OZ and we can continue if you wish

Lazuteson and down
 

yeah sure be happy to
(stopped checking when it went three months without any news)

Lazuteson and down
 

“How long Blueberry, mmm let me think… well a while, but I wont tell you because that would give my age away and that’s a no no on the first date!”

she smiles and laughs, “in here Blueberry” she says as she motions to a door!
you swing it open and it reveals a small cubicle that is obviously set up for live weapon testing/practice.
“Do you need a hand, want me to stay sweety?, or are you a big boy and can play on your own? either way I will be next door” she says as she taps the thin wall with the barrel of her gun!

Lazuteson and down
 

“how far back does this target go?” roger says as he begins to prepare his rifle.

Lazuteson and down
 

“after all i want a real challenge” he says as he finishes his prep and sights down the scope

Lazuteson and down
 

The targets can be set to what ever distance you like and go back up to 200mtr. You also have a choice of round targets or figure 8’s (silhouette style) while you are fumbling around setting up Tabert has already started, after the first clip you hear her shout over the din “You okay Blueberry? At this rate I will be pacjed up and in the bar before you finish your last mag”

Lazuteson and down
 

setting it for max distance roger starts putting three round bursts through the center of the target. each three round burst is worked in either a horizonal or vertical pattern so that it forms a grid pattern inside the center
ooc huh the dice roller is gone hmm do you want me to roll them somewhere else?

Lazuteson and down
 

yes I have noticed, don’t know, will check something out lets just say you succeed for now!

Lazuteson and down
 

roger smiles as he pulls in the target. he surveys his handiwork for a moment and then replaces the target with a new one with Ripley printed on it. sending it back out he puts a new clip in and thumbs to full auto. aiming down the sights again he proceeds to obliterate the targets face with a concentrated burst of fire.
when the rifle has run dry he knocks on the divider “do you want one of these print outs too?” he says

Lazuteson and down
 

Tabert leans around the front, “Really..” she exclaims “well don’t mind if I do!” with that she snatches one of the Ripley prints you have already grouped pins it to her sight and sends it way down the range! a short round of fire and she whistles it back up – “There that is better!” she says as she hands you back one of your previous pics, it know resembles a smiley face imposed on Ripley’s likeness… “So want that drink yet? I know a nice little place round abouts!”

Lazuteson and down
 

“sure lets go for a drink, i think ive burned through enough ammo for tonight” roger says as he quickly cleans and reslings his gun.

Lazuteson and down
 

“okay then… follow me” she replies

OOC i sent you an invitation to Roll20

im still getting my head around it but it does seem okay for playing – if you could though can you make a comment in game to see if we need to be on at the same time or wether we can log in independantly and continue similar to this style here!

Lazuteson and down
 

OOC hmm funny i didn’t seem to receive it

Roger smiles "always willing to have drinks with an attractive woman. provided you understand drinks is as far as this goes. this night will definitely not end with us sharing a bed. so long as that’s clear lead the way.

Lazuteson and down
 

OOC resent (check your spam box too!)
let me know if you get this one?

Lazuteson and down
 

OOC got it

Lazuteson and down
 

so in the attempt transfer the chat to the other place!

Lazuteson and down
 

Anyone recieving….
is the signal coming through?
hello…
hello…
hello…

Lazuteson and down
 

Hey Chris. took me a while to remember what my stupid password for this site was

Lazuteson and down
 

Mate im sorting out my phone log in will be in contact etc etc soon

Lazuteson and down
ChrisVonPickles

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.