The Lost

All the Kings Men

The finale draws nigh...

You find yourself crouching in a wooded area on Kavliny, hiding from a small group of travellers that are passing your way. They ride large domesticated toads “Barkbacks” and it would seem obvious that the chap in the middle is of some importance as his two companions are dressed well below his level. Snow and Jefferson now look to you to make the decision as how to proceed, and at this point it is quiet possible you are the first off-worlders these fellows have been in proximity to…

Comments

“much as I would love to follow through with your recommendation snow we don’t know the language and I don’t think our first exposure to it should be some surprised guardsmen. As for going elsewhere Jefferson I we might as well see where they are going first. However no need for all of us to go. Jefferson you take a gravsled and run overwatch for us. Get up high and look for any signs of trouble. If we run into something I think we can’t handle, I will send you a message. Snow you stay here for now with the other sled and pack everything. When they get to where they are going or stop I’ll contact you with the coordinates of a discreet LZ. Now any questions before I catch up to them.” roger flicks his head towards the direction that the rider continued off into.

All the Kings Men
 

You all agree on that course of action, though Jefferson recommends that he launch well after they have passed other wise the noise from the engine might attract them
A roll for Jefferson please
You agree and so you leave Snow back at camp waiting, you are sneaking through the woods following this relatively slow procession.
Roll please to follow

All the Kings Men
 

8 then 12
Roger follows silently as possible drawing upon long experience in the jungles of ironknight

All the Kings Men
 

You seem to be following un-noticed, and they are continuing on their way.
How long do you intend to follow?
You are following at a safe distance when they slip from sight, carefully edging forward you come to a break in the woods and before you is a road, they are now moving with greater speed on the road and unless you start running after them you will loose sight at the next bend in the road.

All the Kings Men
 

“ok then they have hit a road. I’m going to need transport to keep following them. Jefferson can you see the road im talking about? If so aquire the targets then follow from a safe distance. I will continue to follow on foot for as long as I can.” roger says as he breaks into a fast run parallel to the road. Once again his experience in the jungles of irony night serve him well. as he runs he contacts snow. " how long is the days here? because I’m thinking we will be getting to midday before long, chances are they will stop for lunch or something, if they don’t it might mean that they are close to their destination."

All the Kings Men
 

Please roll for Jefferson following unseen.

Over the comms Jefferson replies “Yes Rog i can see the road according to scanners you are right on the boundary of it? I can see the three of them from this distance do you want me to put a lock on them via the thermals?”

You attempt to follow the road in the wood line please make three rolls.

Snow answers “No i dont know how long the days are here or the axis of the sun”

the pursuit continues…

All the Kings Men
 

“yes Jefferson lock them in. You will probably loose them if they head back into the trees but if that’s the case then I can follow on foot easier.” roger says into the com as he pulls his blade. He keeps his eye firmly on the ground ahead sparing only short glances for the riders.
7 for Jefferson
8 10 then9

All the Kings Men
 

“No problems” Jefferson replies, he powers up to gain alt and you can hear the whine of the rafts engine – you are about to hit the comms when by fortune the wind changes and the sound drifts in the other direction.
you manage to keep up with the group, however you have a few tumbles and get a few cuts and scratches.
this continues for the next 30 mins or so Roll END please
when Jefferson calls over the comms “Rog they seem to have stopped at a building several clicks ahead of you, looks crowded there are a few toads out the front”

All the Kings Men
 

8+3
Roger arrives at the building and activates his goggles zoom function getting a good look at the outside and it’s surroundings."

All the Kings Men
 

You arrive in proximity to the building and looking upon it you can see numerous giant toads tied to a rail around the front. As you creep closer you can hear sounds of laughter and a second later a waft of aroma drifts past your nose mmm… lunch something smells good, followed by the unmistakable smell of beer.

All the Kings Men
 

" snow looks like they’re stopped for lunch like I said. Can you pilot the sled to this location?" roger says giving her the location of a nearby clearing. " meet up withme there we can discuss our next move." before roger moves off he will take a look at the toads for any saddlebags or the like.

All the Kings Men
 

The toads come with most of the regular accouterments, including what is best described as a large singular pannier and it appears this may be used to cart cargo and/or stock. You creep a bit further forward to get a better look and you can now hear the voices and by the lady you can understand them! not every word is recognized, and several constructions are different from your syntax but for the most part it is understandable on a basic level (think Dutch and German)
Roll please for Snow to pilot to your location
Is Jefferson joining you? or do you want him to hold a pattern on the raft?
Oh and the food from the building smells absolutely delicious…

All the Kings Men
 

“jefferson if you would hold pattern overhead that would be great. Keep a look out for anyone else comming up on us. Snow I want you to do this nice and slow. Ok.”
8 for the role

All the Kings Men
 

Snow manages to find a clear spot to land coose by, she quickly finds you and is also surveying the building, she licks her lips “Boy that does smell nice”

All the Kings Men
 

“well now that we know that the language is at least mostly similar, lets go introduce ourselves. jefferson stay in position we may need a fly over if this goes badly.” roger smiles and puts away his knife. “i will play guard again, you do the talking.” he places his gauss pistol deep inside his newly repaired trenchcoat. “after you my lady” bowing low he ushers her forward.

All the Kings Men
 

You both approach the building, it is off a mud and stone construction with expoeed timbers quite quaint really. As you approach the door you can hear the sounds of laughter and conversation as well as the chink of glass and crockery. You get to the door and open it for Snow and usher her in (playing the part of guard/escort) you take two steps inside and the noise stops, everyone turns and stares at the both of you. The silence is broken by the man behind the counter who says “Assist I can how you” as the pause to understand his words he adds “Around here from not you”.

All the Kings Men
 

“no we aren’t. I am a guard. To lady.” he stops and indicates snow. " we are travelers from far away. We are seeking people from our land." he stops turns and bows. “my lady would speak to you.”

All the Kings Men
 

Snow looks up at the man, she pauses and gives you a glance “Yes we are travellers from a distant land, we are looking for some people from our home” she pauses for a second “we heard tales that one like us was seen here some time ago”. She gives you a stare and a dig in the ribs, the man pauses and tries to understand Snow’s words he finally replies by shrugging his shoulders and says “Help you friend not find – I no outsider see” and with that he gestures to a board behind the counter it is a menu though you cant understand it the pictures give resonable idea as to what is on offer.

All the Kings Men
 

OOC Please dont expect Snow to do all the talking a conversation from myself to myself will get stale rather quick. As Snows Guard/Attendant you should really be doing the majority of interactions – its not lady like to chat to common innkeeps

All the Kings Men
 

OOC just thought she would have had something to add to the conversation. I appoligise.
" if you would excuse us we require somewhere alone to talk. This is not the news we hoped for." roger smiles looks at snow for a moment before opening the door. Once outside and away from curious ears. He stops her and says " sorry for putting you on the spot back there, but nobody looks at a guard that’s just guarding. I got a good look at quite a few things, for one the currency they use coins, which means no lunch for us, at least not from here. I was hoping they would be using script which we could copy on the printer. Also the man we followed In is on his way out, I think we should keep following him might lead us somewhere important. Also we should ask around for anyone who has heard rumors of flying ships or sticks that explode and deal death. You know ways that people would describe advanced tech. Anyway it’s about time we disappear."

All the Kings Men
 

Once outside Snow says to you “Well if we could get a coin or two, we could get back to the ship and use the component replicator to make some coins – its not really what its for and it may not work but it doesn’t hurt to try”

You are about to reply to Snow’s comment when you hear “Excuse we noticed in tavern you outsiders”
you turn around and you see the man you were following, he continues “Merchant me like enjoy outsiders talk me offer meal converse for”
Snow looks at you awaiting your response.
the man adds “Call me Morvik you”

All the Kings Men
 

" that would be most welcome. We have travelled far and in my enthusiasm had forgotten. the money you have here is not the same. Tell us Morvik what do you trade?" rover smiles " and to who do you sell it too. Also as a merchant you would have heard many things. my lady is interested in rumors of strange things, sticks that explode. Flying ships. Strange lights that sort of thing. Have you heard of any?"

All the Kings Men
 

with a chuckle Morvik says “Hahaha Like more you foul run of bandits your money theft” he chuckles again sit down with you at a quiet table, the room is starting to raise the volume again though you note the occasional stare from around the room.

Morvik continues “Merchant many items, cloth, spice, beverage – what you do?”

He also says “Things mention wizard like sound, rumor hear in one city wield sun power”

All the Kings Men
 

" what do I do. That’s simple I serve the lady, see that her needs are met and protect her. with my life if needed." roger leans forward and says softly. “as for why we are here. A man stole several precious relics from my people. In his hand they would be very dangerous indeed. This city you spoke of where is it and how can you get there from here?”

All the Kings Men
 

“Many questions you, eat must you first and mine answer it is deal” Morvik waves over a serving girl “like you pie” he asks before you have had chance to answer he says to the girl “5 pie please 4 lager and 1 wine best of house” he smiles and introduces you to his companions Trarvin and Vorcum. As the meals are bought to the table he says “So talk outsider man, land your name what, and trade what goods?”

All the Kings Men
 

“the land I’m from? It’s name is zhorska and what we trade is the skills of our people. We are the finest fighters and other lands hire us as bodyguards. The land my lady represents is known as aruke, the city of artificers anything you need made can be found there. We are from far away, we have travelled most of a year to get here and have been on that stealing bastards trail for most of it.” when the lager arrives he looks at Morvik and says “I appoligise I can drink only water while on duty.”

All the Kings Men
 

Morvik orders you a water when the girl comes over with the meals, which she brinks back promptly.
“Zhorska, Aruke say you heard of not them. Year is long road time, things many you must see – tell about your sights me”. The pies taste so good after months of rations and prepackaged foods to have something made from scratch is so pleasurable, Morvik smiles as he sees the look on both your faces as you try the pie “see i you pie like – tasty is it? Please continue journey you tell me off”
with that Morvik takes a draw from his stein and another mouthful of pie, he looks eager to hear more about your journey.

All the Kings Men
 

" i apologize Morvik for you have been good to us. however one of the most binding vows that any servant of the city of artificers must make is to never to look back on the path that you have taken only to the path you have yet to take. as such i am bound by my word and cannot tell you any details of our journey until it is time to retrace it. then it would be a simple recounting of the path i intend to travel. do you understand? as a body-man to one of the lady’s of artifice i am to protect her in not only body but in mind as such i must uphold all the tenets of the code. once again i apologize." roger’s face takes on a stern visage to discorage this train of question. “however the quicker we capture the rogue that stole the artifacts the quicker we start that road and the quicker i can tell you of our journey.”

All the Kings Men
 

“Tell me Zhorska and Aruke about them, you people boring life tell not of adventures”
he grins and takes another bite he continues “this land must i see songs poetry without”

All the Kings Men
 

“Zhorska is a harsh unforgiving land of endless jungle. huge predators roam the jungle floor and all settlements are made up in the treetops. life is a constant struggle to compete with predators such as a jagtiger or mirok. as for Aruke i can not tell you i am sworn to secrecy by the council as part of our quest. i may only say its name. i apologize”

All the Kings Men
 

Morvik smiles and continues “Ahh swear similar we have places, to you honour Lady perhaps can of tell” as he smiles at Snow “Beasts of such like i would see, perhaps yes i join together us return on journey – now more rogue speak you off, if steal he does have may need sell goods stolen, in this help i may”.

All the Kings Men
 

“its possible that he has sold some of it but i doubt it. more likely that he would use the artifacts to gain control over a city or town to give him the time he needs to complete the uhh no i shouldnt talk of that. suffice to say he needs time for something very bad to happen. any leads you have would be very helpful.”

All the Kings Men
 

“So man powerful?” Morvik asks, “Powerful man hard not to find, assit I will youtogether adventures great we have and you because honour not sing tales I sing tales for both you!!!” Morvik says as smacking the table and shouting “Drinks around for friends mine”

All the Kings Men
 

“exellent now where was this city you mentioned? that seems the place to start.”

All the Kings Men
 

“Yes must we! but first struck must be deal, agree must you terms too, as i must also do. once deal struck is leave we will!”

All the Kings Men
 

“then what do you propose for this deal?”

All the Kings Men
 

“Deal must be as have stated you want stolen goods from man, side deal of me i will take left what is” Movik replies in a formal manner, “Then finish when with you i come back to land yours” he pauses and thinks for a second “Yes… money you none have, plenty have i pay for travel will i surplus from stolen mine – that fair is?” Morvik smiles and waits for your reply.

All the Kings Men
 

“this sounds reasonable. however when we arive you may not be allowed in. also all of the relics will have to return with us there is no other option. any mundane items he has may of course be yours for the selling.”

All the Kings Men
 

“Struck then deal is, you give hand now blood is seal” Morvik replies with that he reaches his hand halfway across the table, in the other he produces a knife he proceeds to nick his thumb letting the blood drip on the table he then offers you the knife.

All the Kings Men
 

roger strips off his glove revealing a single large scar accross the palm of his right hand. he takes the knife and nicks his own thumb. he holds his hand out to Morvic.

All the Kings Men
 

Morvik pionts to the blood on the table and gestured for you to let it drip into the puddle, "Deal struck is now you me, lady you deal? Morvik asks Snow.

All the Kings Men
 

“an artificers hands are their most sacred possession sis, it is taboo for them to remove their gloves outside of their workshop. i’m sorry if this is a problem. however it is my lady’s decision no doubt the preist would understand, one way or the other.

All the Kings Men
 

“you then blood spill for her to, she responsibility yours – none the less struck is deal. Depart will we meal after, your barkback ready is?” Morvik asks, as the drops of blood mingle on the table, Morvik wipes away with a hankerchief which he cuts in two with the knife hand ing half to you and tucking the other half into a pocket.

All the Kings Men
 

“we dont have them where we come from. in Aruka almost anywhere you need to go is within the rail network, while my homeland has far to many predators to make anything bun the shortest land journey suicide. we have a means of transport but if i were to show it to you my vows to the great priest would force me to slay you. how far away is this city?” roger once again looks grim playing his part of the devoted and oathsworn warrior

All the Kings Men
 

Morvik chuckles “Hahaha outsider man reason think he can slay best merchant Chav off – You man say you have no tales but that is one funny” Morvik flicks you a cheeky grin while tapping his hip, you now see what resembles a gem encrusted rapier at his side. “Outsider man dishonor you do bloodcloth, not give Morvik name, lady too!”

All the Kings Men
 

“i meant no offence, morvik just a warning that is all. as for our names, my lady is Angelique the snowflake artificer, however you may refer to her properly as your ladyship. as for me you may call me Nixx”

All the Kings Men
 

“So off Chav to!” Morvik says “Days many travel, supplies need bought, Morvik organise, wait here both you have meal me meat here you at hour of 7” with that Morvik stands up and strides to the door and exits, before he exits he turns and smiles and tosses you a coin. you catch it, it is a gold coin.

All the Kings Men
 

“so snow how did you think i did? we should probably report in right?”

All the Kings Men
 

“Rog you seem to have done well – though he is going to be pissed when he finds out there is no Aruke, or Zhorska” Snow says

All the Kings Men
 

“ahh but there is. Zhorska is a small province on ironknight which is pretty much how i described it. as for Aruke its the name of Gramps science facility on ironknight. home to a group of quasi religious artificers. so the only part of that which was a lie was the part about you being from there. im a firm believer in the more truth you tell the more believable the lie.” roger smiles and bows “and now my lady i think it is time we went for a walk.”

All the Kings Men
 

Snow nods and says “Whats up Rog”

All the Kings Men
 

“well i just think that jefferson is getting bored up there and that if we talk to him in here people are going to ask what is going on”

OOC T-t-t-t-t-triple post :)

All the Kings Men
 

OOC I blame the cell and this rubbish coverage!

Jefferson, oh you had almost forgot you tap your comms and are about to open a link to him when your comms registers 3 missed msg. Jefferson has tried to conact you three times checking the messages he repirts that the three individuals you were following have started making their way to the settlement that is approx 2 hours north of here. When you mention Jefferson Snow comments “It will be hard to bring Jefferson in on this one, unless you think you can do some fast talkingwould be better if we keep him as an eye in the sky – but I will leave that call up to you”

All the Kings Men
 

" i was just going to suggest we give him a sandwitch or something" roger shrugs “i know i would be hungry if i was up there. anyway he needs to get this coin up to the ship. i dont like relying on someone that we meet today.”

All the Kings Men
 

“Okay” Snow says “We have about 4 hours till he returns, so what ever plans you have Rog you will need them sorted and be back here in time for Morvik’s return”

All the Kings Men
 

“okay first we need a way to finance ourselves if morvgik decides to leave us for the motwolves. i’m thinking synthetic diamonds because they are light easy to conceal and dirt cheap. if he asks why we didnt pay with them before its because we were waiting to change them for coins. second we need a distraction in case something goes wrong. im thinking an explosive charge that is loud and flashy but has no real substance to it. placed in a high vis, low cas area it could be quite effective at distracting an opponent enough for us to get the drop on them. third we need to find this city he was talking about and go there. better that we find ripley and his ship before morvik does. anything else you can think of?”

All the Kings Men
 

“I think Jefferson dropping in on an air raft will be distraction enough if required!” Snow responds “also” she continues “We have no idea where we are or where this city is, we know there is a settlement 2 hours north but that is the extent of our intel, i suggest Rog we trust this man for the mean time or untill he shows signs of harming us or our mission” with a cheeky smile she finishes with “Off course that is if it is okay with the ladies guard”

All the Kings Men
 

“of course my lady” roger says with a flourish “but i would prefer to not rely on a man we just spent the last hour lying to just in case.” roger smiles and sighs “this will be so much easier when i complete my proving. then i can take the whole crew on these adventures. i would have brought them with me this time but it would have looked a little weird. and gramps says that a hand on a proving cant have help from the homeworld.” roger sighs again "so i

All the Kings Men
 

make due"
OOC sorry submitted comment to early

All the Kings Men
 

“Well do you have any better ideas – any better resource for the information we need?”
Snow snaps back
“So we have a few hours to kill before Morvik returns – lets make to the ship and try to replicate some form of currency”
You and Snow make your way to where the air raft is secluded and take off for the Gavel. Ona arrival you both make your way down to Callaghan in engineering andshow him the coin he looks at it and says “Hmmm – well i can give it a go, how long do you have?” Snow replies “about 2 hours now” “i will see what i can do” he replies
Callaghan’s roll
Roll: 2d6
9 = 3[d6]+6[d6]

You and Snow are sitting in the ships lounge when Callaghan comes running up to you, “Here will these do?” he hands you 2 gold coins plus the sample “any idea of the conversion rate?” he comments.

All the Kings Men
 

“not a clue but a bag of these wouldnt be light i cant imagine that common goods would be worth many of them. as for expensive things who knows. other than our friendly neighborhood merchant of course.” roger smiles “as for trusting him i suppose we have no choice for now.”

All the Kings Men
 

The time is upon you to return to the surface you and Snow embark on the raft and ready yourself for the descent, at the same time Jefferson also launches to continue giving you intel from above.
You arrive at your secluded spot and hide the raft, and then continue on foot to the tavern. You both take the same table Morvik left you at and Snow asks “Do you want a drink or something? – i could do with a wine, be a good chap and fetch your Lady a beverage”

All the Kings Men
 

" of course my lady." roger smiles and gets up and signals the barman “glass of wine please. a good one” roger then collects the glass and returns to his seat. “for my ladys pleasure” he smiles presenting the glass.

All the Kings Men
 

The Barman Grumbles and hands you back a large pouch of coin, and a glass of fine wine.
Sitting back down with Snow you both chat and the last hour slips by unnoticed, before long you see Morvik re-enter the establishment he smiles when he sees you both and makes his way to the table and sits. “Ah friends be mine wait you glad did, Barkback’s have i bought and leave we do shortly. My guards protect us are here’ liberty i took clothing travel for you i bought, hope fits and suits it does. Now meal road before we share – you what have?”

All the Kings Men
 

“what would you suggest, you are the expert after all. i’m sure anything you recommend would be exellent. regardless i would like to hear about these barkbacks i have never seen one before.”

All the Kings Men
 

“And thought I Barkback over all this world” Morvik replies “they beast are many carry men and goods form main transport forrest area through, fast forrset grow does and overgrow does roads” Morvik continues.

All the Kings Men
 

“hmm interesting, does riding one take much training? If it does then it might be better to meet up at the city you spoke of. Instead of traveling together we could meet up at the main gate or something?”

All the Kings Men
 

“No training much not, in back middle sit easy as baby” Morvik replies, “No come must you with me lost on road may be you outsider from here not”

All the Kings Men
 

“very well it appears that is the last thing that we needed to sort. When do we depart?” also how long will it take to get to this city?"

All the Kings Men
 

“We leave can when outsider suits” Morvik says “safe is road bandits few this close city too, stop we first at Tranick town hours 2 away, there supply get and make week journey to Glaviss big city – where investigate look for goods stolen”. He finishes “now for road drink?”

All the Kings Men
 

“as I have said before I drink only water while on the job. I would like to leave as soon as possible. My lady and I have spent far to long on this quest already. So let’s depart shall we?” roger sighs " how big is this glaviss?"

All the Kings Men
 

“Glaviss big city is, streets many, walls high and towers castle big too. Many many people live.” Morvik replies to your question, he continues “Tranick small, couple roads, plenty small house’s workers lots farm and fabrication” He smiles and orders a drink for himself and Snow.

All the Kings Men
 

Roger waits politely for them to finish there drink and then follows Morvik to the barkbacks. He waits to see how they mount and then Does the same.

All the Kings Men
 

Morvik and Snow finish their drinks and then the group get up and move towards the door, Morvik flicks the keep a silver coin and waves his two guards to join you. Outside Morvik takes several strides and jumps up into the saddle of his Barkback “see easy Rog” he says with a smile. The saddle is very similar to a Terran racehorse saddle with the rider leaning slightly forward with his legs bent and trailling behind, it looks uncomfortable but once in the saddle it feels quite natural.

All the Kings Men
 

OOC I don’t think that I gave him the name roger or rog I think I just gave him nixx
" so let’s be off." roger smiles and follows Morvik.

All the Kings Men
 

OOC I think your right take it as he said Nixx

The journey to the settlement of Tranick takes just under 2 hours. The trip is pleasant enough, in the setting hours the sun streams through the trees making shadows and shapes that are alien to you, Snow seems to handle her steed well several times she was able to keep pace with Morvik and his guards. You arrive at Tranick just after nightfall from what you can see the village is surrounded by fields and pens, and you cross a simple earth wall as you enter the village proper. The village guard appear to be villagers as they have no uniform and some are armed with farming tools and adhoc weapons, Morvik flicks a slight wave to one of the men at the threshold who waves back, Morvik then points towards what looks like a barn “That where is sleep we do” approaching further it looks like the barn has been refitted and turned into a public bar and hotel, there are several stables to one side and it seems the second story is the rooms and from the sound and aroma the ground level is the public room. Morvik pulls up next to the stables and a young boy steps up to take your mounts. You all get off your Barkback’s and Morvik directs you to the entrance…

What are you carrying? Remember this is a feudal world so anyything flashy will draw attention etc.

All the Kings Men
 

As always roger is wearing his trenchcoat which he repaired on the way to the planet. Deep inside a pocket hides his gauss pistol and worn on his belt is a pair of bayonets. He wares gloves over both hands and the light plate from snows supply cashe under his trenchcoat which is buttoned up tight. A short metal pole is slung over his back it’s roughly the same length as his rifle with a bayonet attached. As he walks he is careful to keep himself close to snow while allowing her space.

All the Kings Men
 

You all step through the tavern doors and like before the aroma of roasting meat, good ale, and hearty pies assaults your senses, several of the patrons look up as you enter and a few tip their hats towards Morvik. The 2 guards that accompany you move to a table and “clear” it nodding to Morvik when the seats are empty. You all gather at the table and take a seat a well dressed man approaches and has a word in Morvik’s ear (Make a roll)
Snow rolls
Roll: 2d6
6 = 5[d6]+1[d6]
She seems to be smiling and enjoying the atmosphere.

All the Kings Men
 

OOC sorry abou the last two days the power has been out since friday also I am back to using the iPad so I will just write the roll
8 anything I should add to this?
Roger smiles and plays along while watching his surroundings very closely.

All the Kings Men
 

OOC sorry had a last minute leave for a couple of days and went fishing lolz…

Both you and Snow are enjoying the atmosphere of this quaint little pub, several of the patrons come up to Morvik throughout the night and have a word or two in his ear and at one point you swear you heard the title “Princeps”

All the Kings Men
 

OOC, just a FYI my internet service is about to be cut, we have been experiencing drop outs and reduced speed since going naked, so our provider is switching us back to ADSL1 till they can resolve the line issue so i am likely to be out of contact for between a week and two weeks, I will try to keep upto date via my cell but without a wireless to bounce off and the lousy reception i get it may well be sporadic

BTW any further input from your friend?

All the Kings Men
 

OOC he is too busy at the moment sorry
Roger smiles and has a reasonably good time however the whole time the word princeps is bouncing around inside his head. He is reasonably sure that it isn’t a title from this world. He reminds himself once again that Morvik could just be an agent for his target.

All the Kings Men
 

Morvik appears to be having a jolly time, and the evening is enjoyable you notice there seems to be a pleasant respect given to Morvik and his companions and this to some extent is gifted to you both as his guests. Morvik enquires to your sleeping requirements and whether you require separate rooms. You find the rooms to be basic but clean and comfortable, and if you sleep you are awoken in the morning by the aroma of something resembling bacon cooking below. Breakfast is being served as you descend the stairs to the common room, it has been cleaned and is tidy no way reflecting the tavern like atmosphere the night before. Breakfast is a buffet type affair with several local dishes on platters, there is also a pot of something brewing the smell is not like anything you have smelt before though most of the locals are enjoying a hot cup of it. Morvik sees you enter and waves you over, greeting you both he offers space at the table and pulls a seat out for your lady “Served is breakfast enjoy must you try brew”.

All the Kings Men
 

“very well morvic if my lady permits I will break my vow this once however you must promise that this brew has nothing in it that would Impare either mind or body?” roger smiles and continues. “I must after all be capable at all times. Regardless this food looks delisious.” roger says as he fills a plate.

All the Kings Men
 

Morvik laughs and says “Drink only strong night drink, morning this drink head clearer goodness full herbs spices leaves off hahaha very good after night drink morning”
The food is delicious the “bacon” is nice and the fish type dish is freshest you have tasted.

All the Kings Men
 

“very well let’s get going.” roger says after finishing the meal. He smiles at morvic and ensures that snow is alright and has everything that she needs and then turns to the mercent " when do we leave"

All the Kings Men
 

“We leave ready when are you” Morvik replies as he is making a good attempt at his 3rd plate, he mops up the juices on his plate with a chunk of bread, finishes his cup of brew and sits back in his chair waiting for your reply.

All the Kings Men
 

" if my lady approves we will leave immediately. Otherwise we leave at my lady’s pleasure of course." roger smiles and does a double check of his things just in case. After snow is finished and ready “let’s go then my lady is eager to be on our way and I must confess so am I.”

All the Kings Men
 

OOC odd.. another post lost between mobile and OP

You as a party make your way out of the tavern, the crisp morning air and slight mist brushing your face and clothes this settlement is quite quaint and looks like something from one of those numerous datavids you get stuck watching in jump. After retrieving your mounts from the stable you notice Morvik has acquired an extra Barkback and this one seems to be loaded up with supplies, and possibly trade goods. You all hop off and you soon get back into the rythem of the Barkbacks hop – you continue travelling for the entire day only slowing down enough to pass around the food sack between riders, after everyone is full the pace is picked up again and you continue the ride into the night. After a full day in the saddle you are tired and in need of some rest, you break camp and set up for the night Morvik sets a watch and asks if you will help?

All the Kings Men
 

" of course Morvik" roger smiles " what shift would you like me too take?"

All the Kings Men
 

“You can take last watch if you like” Morvik replies
unless you want to play through each day i was just going to make 7 random rolls to see if anything or anyone encountered during the weeks journey
Roll: 2d6
10 = 4[d6]+6[d6]
Day 1 Brigands (2)

Roll: 2d6
8 = 6[d6]+2[d6]
Day 2 nothing

Roll: 2d6
10 = 4[d6]+6[d6]
Day 3 Merchant

Roll: 2d6
5 = 4[d6]+1[d6]
Day 4 Fugitives (1)

Roll: 2d6
10 = 6[d6]+4[d6]
Day 5 Emigre

Roll: 2d6
4 = 2[d6]+2[d6]
Day 6 Soldiers (8)

Roll: 2d6
10 = 4[d6]+6[d6]
Day 7 Merchant

Well i will play thru each – so much for a boring week lolz…

All the Kings Men
 

Your turn to watch, you are woken up by Vorcum. The night is still and your fire is now burning low again like before the shadows make odd and peculiar shapes and it is creepy and eerie
Roll Please

All the Kings Men
 

11
Roger takes a position outside near the firelight and puts on his googles. Then he makes scans of the area looking for anything odd. Every half hour or so he walks the perimeter.

All the Kings Men
 

You patrol the basic perimeter and all is fine you sit back down and a few minutes later you hear a twig snap, your senses highten and you now see movement you see a figure slowly moving in the shadows.

All the Kings Men
 

Roger pulls his knives from his sheaths and stands scanning the area particularly the area around where the twig snapped. Walking quietly and nonchalantly to the nearest tent he crouches and pretends to tie his shoe. He stops and waits for another sign of movement

All the Kings Men
 

You continue to see the shape creeping around the opposite side of the perimeter, you lose sight of him as he continues around the back of Morvik’s tent
make a roll.

All the Kings Men
 

2 (dun dun dun. What should I add this tick too?)
Roger swears under his breath as he looses sight of the shape and moves as nonchalantly as possible to morvics tent making as much of a show as possible about stretching out his back. All the while he is both scanning the area and listening hard for all the warning signs of something about to attack.

All the Kings Men
 

OOC Recon is the place you put that tick.

You have lost sight of the figure, and you are listening hard for any noise when you hear a soft sound of ripping canvas, you take a step towards Morvik’s tent when you hear another noise a muffled twang
Roll: 2d6
7 = 3[d6]+4[d6]
roll of 7 plus 1 from Str for total of 8
A burning pain rises from your side as you now find an arrow lodged there, luckily it is just glancing and has done very little damage take 5 hits.

All the Kings Men
 

“Men come to kill us in the night AWAKEN” roger roars out at the top of his voice he then charges towards where he herd the twanging noise ready to dodge to the side at a moments notice. from a pocket he takes his thermal goggles and puts them on the tiny hum of power showing that they are still working.

All the Kings Men
 

OOC do i get an armor bonus to this as roger wears a balistic lined trench wouldnt that stop or slow an arrow? also how do i work out health?

All the Kings Men
 

OOC if my understanding is correct armour reduces the amounts of hits you take as opposed to being able to hit, also your coat was damaged earlier and though you have attempted to fix it, it certainly is not in show room condition

You move towards were you think the arrow came from, fumbling in the dark you attempt to find and put on your goggles Roll Please.

All the Kings Men
 

OOC: Damage is applied initially to the targets Endurance. If Endurance is reduced to 0, then further damage is applied to either Strength or Dexterity (Targets choice) however the damage from one attack cannot be shared between the 2 and all damage must be applied to the one stat from that one attack. If Strength, or Dexterity is reduced in this manner to 0 the Character is Unconscious, if both Stats are reduced to 0 the target is dead.

Cloth (Ballistic) TL7 & TL10: A Heavy duty body suit tailored from Ballistic cloth
TL7 Protection 3
TL10 Protection 5

as your jacket has been damaged its rating falls to the lower value so in the above instance you have taken 2 hits to Endurance.

All the Kings Men
 

Morvik
Roll: 2d6
11 = 6[d6]+5[d6]
Starts to wake

Snow
Roll: 2d6
7 = 1[d6]+6[d6]
still sleeping

Vorcum
Roll: 2d6
4 = 3[d6]+1[d6]
Still sleeping

Trarvin
Roll: 2d6
7 = 5[d6]+2[d6]
Still sleeping

You here a roar from Morvik’s tent as he awakens to find an unwanted guest in there, the sound of melee begins.

All the Kings Men
 

Roll: 2d6
8 = 3[d6]+5[d6]
OOC if my endurance is ten then that means i have eight left right?
AWAKEN AWAKEN, enemies strike at us!” roger roars out again and then immediatly dodges to his left expecting an arrow.

All the Kings Men
 

OOC yes endurance reduced by 2 to 8 – doesn’t effect skills just determines hits

Rog fumbles around and gets his goggles on just in time to miss a large log you would have tripped over regaining your feet and a stable footing you look up straight into the face of a stranger he has an arrow nocked in a short bow and you have him unaware’s.

Back to the tent Morvik is shouting out as well in between meaty sounding thumps

Snow
Roll: 2d6
7 = 6[d6]+1[d6]
Still sleeping

Vorcum
Roll: 2d6
3 = 1[d6]+2[d6]
Still sleeping – he could sleep through an earthquake

Trarvin
Roll: 2d6
7 = 3[d6]+4[d6]
Still sleeping

All the Kings Men
 

roger smiles and lunges forward and stabs his blade directly at the throat. in an attempt to end things quickly.
Roll: 2d6
11 = 5[d6]6[d6]1(for blades)

All the Kings Men
 

I was waiting for a damage roll, I’m guessing you couldn’t find it in the rules roll 2d6 for Blades.

Nice strike!!!

All the Kings Men
 

oh sorry i was waiting to tell me if i hit
i didnt know what the treashold was
seams kind of silly now
Roll: 2d6
10 = 4[d6]+6[d6]

All the Kings Men
 

Well a quick flash tothe throat opens up the red cascade as it tumbles down his chest and onto his boots a few sconds later he drops to the floor dead, a few twitches give or take. The commotion in Morvik’s tent is increasing and you now can hear the sound of fabric being sliced by a sharpp edge.

All the Kings Men
 

“roger puts away his goggles and yells out again “get UP!” as he moves towards morvik’s tent, once ariving he pulls the tent of the sttruggling pair and prepares to strike with his blade

All the Kings Men
 

Everyone is now waking up you hear Snow call out as she hears your warning, moving towards Morvik’s tent you hear the fight still progressing. You pull the flaps back to see Morvik and a second bandit locked in melee, both have daggers drawn and bboth are trying to kill each other, the bandit gets startled by you as you rip the tent open giving Morvik the opportunity to drive his knife into the mans skull killing him instantly. Morvik spins ready to attack but drops his stance when he sees you covered in blood he smiles and says “man your dead?”.

All the Kings Men
 

roger smiles “of course cursed bandits.” Roger looks morvic over “and what took you so long?” roger walks with him and makes sure that there are no others and fixes up the camp a little

All the Kings Men
 

Morvik lets out a huge laugh and slaps you on the back “Dream gold Morvik does – expect guards job do bandit kill, but outsider you now see how valuables stolen haha” he walks to the fire with you “come drink must job good” he says with a big smile. By this time the other three have woken and are gathered around the fire.

All the Kings Men
 

“its not too long till dawn and i doubt anyone will be getting sleep after that. very well morvik one drink.” roger smiles and sits by the fire with the others. he turns to the two other guards and says “i have seen rocks that sleep lighter than you two.”

All the Kings Men
 

Morvik hands you a drinking cup full of liquid, sniffing it it smells sweet you taste just a bit and is all sorts of wonderful. It has a bittersweet taste like a sour apple but with a smooth sweet aftertaste and when the ethyl hits your pallet it is like an explosion of senses. You sit back down to enjoy the spirit, and your eyes begin to fell heavy you shake your head to clear away the sleepyness you open your eyes and your standing in a clearing basked in sunlight.

All the Kings Men
 

OOC as in roger is now in a compleatly different area?
roger looks around, “hmm very interesting” he says he looks at himself and then calls out “anyone else here?”

All the Kings Men
 

You look around and indeed you are standing in a clearing, the sun is shining brightly through the trees giving you a pleasant warming sensation. Calling out you get no reply, you apear to be by your self looking around you see no path or trail in or out of this clearing, panic takes hold as you become uncertain, reaching for your weapons you find none – and something strange the cloth of your clothing you felt it glancing down you see your arm is flesh again, and your cloths are simple cotton not artificial or manufactured.

All the Kings Men
 

This will continue in a new post shortly
(110 plus is enough scrolling)

All the Kings Men
 

OOC To Be Concluded in “All The Kings Men PtII – The Curtain Falls!”

All the Kings Men
ChrisVonPickles

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.